FLASH MEMORY PROGRAMMER HIGHLIGHTS
- Supports 32,000+ flash memories, EPROMs, EEPROMs and other IC devices from 220+ IC manufacturers.
- Capable of Stand-alone operation (requires optional CF card)
- Supports low voltage devices with Vcc as low as 1.2v.
- High programming throughput
- USB 2.0 high-speed PC interface
- Supports Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- CE and RoHS compliant
- IC Device types supported include:
- EEPROM, EPROM, Serial EEPROM, FLASH memory, Configuration Serial PROM, GAL, EPLD, Firmware HUB, Microcontroller, PIC, Standard Logic Device, etc.
- Supports standard DIP and skinny DIP packages from 8 to 48-pins on standard equipment
- Supports a wide variety of surface-mount devices (SMDs) and other IC packages with reliable factory-made adapters. Packages supported include: PLCC, CLCC, SOIC, LAP, QFP, TQFP, VQFP, TSOP, TSOPII, SOP, PSOP, TSSOP, SON, etc.
- Free software updates can be downloaded via Internet at any time.
- Very fast programming speed via USB interface.
- Programs and verifies a 64M-bit NOR flash memory device in 11.3 seconds and a 64Mb EEPROM in 43 seconds.
- The auto-start feature allows programming to start automatically as soon as a chip is inserted into the programming socket.
|Programming Speed Examples|
|IC Device Type||IC Device Manufacturer||IC Device Part #||Program and Verify|
|64Kb EEPROM||ATMEL||AT28C64B||0.9 SEC|
|128Kb SERIAL EEPROM||MICROCHIP||24AA128||4.5 SEC|
|20KB FLASH MCU||ATMEL||AT89C55||7.5 SEC|
|64Mb SPI EEPROM||SPANSION||S25FL064A||58.6 SEC|
|PIC MICRO||MICROCHIP||PIC16F876A||10.9 SEC|
|PIC MICRO||MICROCHIP||PIC18F442||6.2 SEC|
- The programming unit has 48 universal pin-drivers built-in. There is no need to add additional or optional pin-drivers for programming devices of up to 48-pins.
- Since each pin-driver is software programmable, proper voltage levels will be applied to each and every pin, not just the Vcc pins, allowing true low-voltage programming for low-voltage devices.
- Reverse insertion check and pin continuity check help to prevent devices from accidental damage.
- Light-weight and portable, good for field applications and international travel (takes 110V to 240V AC).
EASY-TO-USE PROGRAMMER SOFTWARE
- Programmer-control S/W supports XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8.
- User-friendly software allows you to do these and more easily:
- Read data from a master chip, put it in the data buffer
- Save the data info t file
- Program a new chip with this data
- Erase a used EEPROM chip before program it
- Secure the chip so that others cannot copy it
- Load data from a file instead of from a master chip
- Display the data buffer on the screen and allow you to edit it
- Plus a whole lot more
- The Auto-program command allows you to erase a chip, blank-check the chip, program it, and verify it, all automatically with just one click.
- The Project function simplifies operations for your production people or yourself. Settings such as device selection, file name selection, device configuration, program options, etc., can be saved into project files.
- Advanced functions allow you to do things that would be impossible to do with other chip programmers. These include:
- Data splits: 1-to-2, or 1-to-4, for both byte-wide and word-wide devices.
- Byte swap: for Intel or Motorola byte arrangements
- Optionally do write-protection on selected sectors
- Optionally do read-protection on selected blocks
- Do specific device configurations for Microchip PIC micros
- Setup counters so that your operator can easily keep track of how many chips have been programmed.
- Plus a whole lot more
FLEXIBLE MULTI-MODE OPERATIONS
- Convenient PC-controlled mode, via high speed USB 2.0, lends to easy operation for the R&D and engineering environment.
- Stand-alone operation is provided by a built-in 6-key keyboard and a 4-line LCD display. (Requires optional Compact Flash Card for storing programming algorithms which are downloaded from PC to programmer. Once the programming algorithms and data files are stored in the Compact Flash Card, the programmer can be operated without connection to a PC.)
- The programming unit is light-weight and portable, good for field applications and international travel (takes 100V to 240V AC).
USEFUL FOR IC PROGRAMMING IN PRODUCTION
- Putting multiple units together in stand-alone mode creates a multi-site concurrent programming environment for volume production. The advantages, over a traditional gang programmer, are:
- Flexible and expandable: start with one unit and expand by adding more units when the need arises.
- Less down time: in case of a failure of one unit, other units can continue to operate.
- Concurrent programming: each chip begins to be programmed as soon as it is inserted into a socket.
IC CHIP DEVICE SUPPORT
- IC Chip Device Types Supported:
- EPROM, Paged EPROM, Parallel and Serial EEPROM, FPGA Configuration Serial PROM, FLASH Memory (NOR), Firmware HUB, EPLD, Microcontroller, Microchip PIC, etc.
- Device Packages Supported on Standard Equipment:
- DIP, SDIP.
- Device Packages Supported with Optional Adapters:
- PLCC, JLCC, SOIC, QFP, TQFP, VQFP, PQFP, TSOP, TSOPII, SOP, SSOP, PSOP, TSSOP, SON, QFN, etc.